AFRIKAANS: SBLAS (Sinodale Bediening vir Leer- en Aktuele Sake)
CONFESSION OF BELHAR:
READY TO BE PRINTED (in Afrikaans, isiXhosa and English): Confession of Belhar in 3 languages
SMDCA forms part of the Core Ministry: Proclamation and Worship and …
To be of service to Synod-relating to doctrinal and current affairs.
Our focus areas are matters related to
- the Sacraments (Holy Communion and Baptism);
- Confessions (Confession of Belhar),
- Ministerial Practices (Proclamation and Worship), etc.,
- matters related to current affairs like discrimination (race, sex, class, etc),
- land and economy,
- our Constitution and the restoration of dignity, etc.
Because our focus areas are doctrinal and current affairs, as a ministry we function on two levels.
- We are mostly reactionary. We act upon doctrinal or current affairs that synod refers to us (i.e Homosexuality and Annointing), to research theologically and to give guidance to Synod.
- We are however also pro-active in our collaboration with the Beyers Naude Centre for Public Theology, with our Conferences where we engage themes related to our focus areas, and reflect, equip and engage as pastors of URCSA and DRC family and other Denominations.
Our main activities are the three Conferences we have every year in collaboration with the Beyers Naude Centre for Public Theology. We have a conference for the Western, Southern and Eastern Cape.
Rev. Stephen Pedro
+27 (0)76 072 5156